Enterasys Router Setup: Computer Networking is a huge industry and Enterasys is a brand that started out small but they have become massive all across the world since their launch in March 1983. A professional Internet and networking brand which has made routers, modems and switches of all formats that works like charm.
Along with router they have also built IEE 802.11 access point which are widely used now. Enterasys was acquired by Extreme Networks in the year 2013, so all the router names and the Online web configuration interface or admin panel has been changed to Extreme Networks.
In this guide we will be going on how you will be able to setup the Exterasys which is now Extreme Networks, to completely setup a router from hardware and internal configuration easily.
How to Setup Enterasys Router Configuration – Enterasys Router Setup Process – 192.168.0.109
In this tutorial we will be following a general model from the Enterasys which is now Extreme company and all the other models will follow the same guide as well. Some of the popular router models are the S- Series, N-Series, K-Series, D-Series and the G3-Series.
- In the first step we will have to open the IP gateway address which is 192.168.0.109 in the Address bar of your browser and then click on the enter button
- On the next page you will see a popup where the username and the password will be asked to be put into login. Here enters the username which is admin and the password netadmin, then click on the login button.
Then the Enterasys admin panel which is the web configuration interface will load and it might take a couple of minutes for the interface to completely load, so be patient here.
As you can see, we are now loaded into the Admin Panel, follow the below settings properly
- Next step here is to go to the “Wireless” menu from the top section and then under this, we have to make the below said settings precisely
- Wireless: Enable
- Network (SSID): Here you have to enter a name for your router
- Mode: Auto
- Channel: 802.11g
- Security: WAP-PSK
- Security Passkey: Enter a password for your Router’s network and make sure it is 8 characters long at least
- Then go to DHCP Pool and change the Subnet to the IP 192.168.0.0.24 and under the domain name it should be DHCP.test, then click on the save button at the bottom to apply the settings
- After that, we have to open the Virtual Interfaces section where you have to select IPv4 option from Basic Configuration sub menu
- Under the IPv4 you have to check “None” under Enable Zero Configuration option
- Now under Primary IP address, simply enter the same subnet IP which is 192.168.0.1.24, then click on Apply and save button for the settings to take place
In this way, you will be able to finally make the Wireless setting enabled in the Enterasys router. Now your router is working properly with wireless connection and can be accessed via a password as well.
Model wide Enterasys Networks Router Default Username and Password for Admin Login
|ENTERASYS||ANG-1105 Rev. UNKNOWN||HTTP||admin||netadmin|
|ENTERASYS||ANG-1105 Rev. UNKNOWN||TELNET||(none)||netadmin|
|ENTERASYS||VERTICAL HORIZON Rev. ANY||MULTI||admin||(none)|
|ENTERASYS||VERTICAL HORIZON Rev. VH-2402S||MULTI||tiger||tiger123|