LANCOM Router Setup: LANCOM is a Germany based Computer networking and solutions company that primarily focuses on the production of high power Routers and Wi-Fi gadgets. So they have very high efficient Wi-Fi routers that are being used all across Germany and in many other European countries as well. The key reason why their products are highly valued is they provide firewall protection to their users with a custom interface and default Internal IP address.
At the same time, they have started Integrated network solutions which makes sure that all the networks and electronic devices are connected via Wi-Fi routers to provide seamless Internet to all the users all across a place.
How to Setup LANCOM Routers – Configuration Guide
In this guide, we will be going to find out how you can configure the LANCOM router from the scratch because there are many users who are interested in the Integrated network solution provided by them.
- First you have to go to the address bar of the browser from your laptop or computer, then enter the LANCOM router IP address in it, which is 192.168.0.103 and click on go button or press on the enter button
- Now you will see that on the same windows, you will be asked to enter the username and the password which are admin and none respectively . Enter these details and simply click on the login button to access the admin panel directly
LANCOM Router Wireless Internal Configuration – Setup Wi-Fi
The main thing we have to do is make sure the wireless configuration is setup correctly and the below instructions show you how to do that precisely.
- HomePage of Admin Panel: First you have to click on the Setup and then click on “Wireless” option from the left side bar. This will show you two options on the page which are “Wireless Basic” and “Wireless Security”.
- Wireless Basic: Go to Setup > then click on the Wireless section from the left side bar and then click on the “Wireless Basic” option from there and make the below said changes as per the instructions.
- Enable Wireless: Select this option
- Enable MultiAP Isolation: Do not select this option
- Wireless Network Name (SSID): Enter the router network name, this can be as per your preference
- Visibility Status: Select “Visible” option here
- Country/Region: Select the country or the region from the drop-down option
- Control Sideband: Do not select this option as this will automatically be selected
- Wireless Channel: Select “2.44t GHz – CH8” option from the drop-down options
- 802.11 Mode: Select “802.11b/g/n” option from the drop-down menu
- Band Width: Select “20 M” from the drop-down options and click on the Apply button to save the changes
- Wireless Security: We have to make the below said security changes as per the instructions below.
- Security Mode: Select “WPA2 only” option
- WPA Encryption: Select “TKIP+AES” option
- WPA Mode: Select “WPA-PSK” option
- Group Key Update Interval: Enter “0” here
- Pre-Shared Key: Enter the router network password as per your preference and finally click on the Apply button
Now you have successfully configured the LANCOM router and we now have the Wireless connection setup with password protection as well.