Gericom Router Setup: Gericom has been a huge part of the Networking industry and it was active a few years but now it has been acquired by Quanmax and it is renamed to QuanmaxAG now. But the product lineup has been the same and the experience which users receive has been amazing. These routers are simply well known for being cost effective and with great speed, the performance they are robust as well.
In this guide, we will be discussing the process of how you can configure out the most popular router under this model. Before you continue to below instructions you need to make sure that it is a new router or else for a new router you have to reset by pressing long press button on the back.
How to Configure Gericom Router Easily – 192.168.1.1
Gericom is well known for the major router they have produced which is the Phonex model version that has been really appreciated by the fans. We will show you the steps to configure this router and make the required settings
- Gericom Internal IP address is 192.168.1.1 and enters the given IP into the address bar, then click on enter
- After this, we will need to enter the login details in the next window as soon as the login pop-up will appear
- Hereunder the username, you can enter as admin and the password will be none and please note that this is same for all the models under this brand
- Finally, click on the login button at the bottom of the page and it will now load the admin panel directly.
If you want to use an old Gericom router, then you need to reset the router which can be simply done by long pressing the button on the back of the router. Once done, you can simply follow the below steps for router configuration.
- Then go to Internet section and
under this click on the Internet connection setup wizard and follow the serious
of pages by clicking next and fill out the basic details such as your name,
Emil address and new password for the router.
- Global IP Address: Do not edit the global IP address since it will auto populate itself
- Subnet Mask: Even this IP address will automatically populate, and you do not have to edit this
- Password: You can now make changes to the password for security purpose and note that this will be the router access password for the admin panel
- After that, wireless setup can be accessed from the left sidebar of the admin panel and here we have to follow some basic setup settings as suggested below.
- Connection: Click on enable option which will allow the internet to work in wireless mode
- Type: Select WPA-PSK connection type from the given drop-down menu
- Passkey: This is the password section for your router network and makes sure that this is at least 8 characters long.
Once you have followed the above steps, simply click on the Save button which will make sure all the settings are saved properly. This might have taken a couple of minutes.