Meridian Router Setup: Meridian is a known router company but more into the commercial space and one of their unique features is that they provide coverage upto 40km offshore as well which is really amazing in itself. The connection is very secure and encrypted in such a way that you will be able to use the Internet but the privacy intrusion will not be allowed. But the main thing is the Internet speed which is very fast because they use some kind of proprietary technology in order to aggregate the signals and make sure the speed is always the best.
They have been more successful in terms of the commercial use of the routers in different companies, IT industries, institutes and superyachts as well where Internet is very much required. The reason their service has been so much recognized is because they provide fast, reliable and stable connection to the Internet via their routers that is something everyone looks forward to.
How to Configure Meridian Router – Meridian Router Setup Guide
In this article, we will go across the steps required to configure the Meridian router from the scratch so that you will be able to setup the router yourself the next time.
- In the first step open any of the browser and then go to the address bar, then enter the IP address 192.168.1.2
- Then click on the go button, which will now easily load up the login page and here you have to username and the password
- The username has to be admin and the password is smile, which you have to enter in the respective box and then click on the go button
In this way you will be able to get the access to the homepage of the web configuration panel for the router through which the next setup process can be initiated.
Meridian Router Internal Configuration – Wireless Settings
Now that you have the homepage access, you can now follow the instructions below which will simply show you the configuration steps that are needed.
Basic Wireless Settings: Go to the Wireless option from the top menu section and then simply click on the Basic button from the left sidebar and then you have to make the changes as per the below instructions.
- Check the option “Enable Wireless”
- SSID: Enter the router network name here and this can be as per your own preference
- Country: Select your country here
- Max Clients: You can enter the number of maximum users to use the router at one point and simply click on the Apply/Save button and move forward.
Advanced – Wireless Settings: The same way you have to go to the top menu options again and then click on the Wireless option, then from the left sidebar click on the Advanced and continue to make the changes as per the below suggestions.
- Band: Select “2.4GHz” option
- Bandwidth: Select “20MHz in Both Bands” and do not change all other options, then click on the Apply\Save button at the bottom and continue to the next step.
Security – Wireless Settings: The last settings to be made and the most important one as well is the security, which you can select from Wireless on the top menu section and then click on the Security option from the left sidebar and make the changes as per the below steps.
- Go to Manual Setup AP option at the bottom of the page,
- Select SSID: Here select the SSID that you have made in the Basic – WIreless Settings step
- Network Authentication: Select “Open” option
- Then enter the password and click on the Apply/Save button to finally make the changes
Finally you have now completely configured the Meridian router from the scratch and anyone can follow the steps from above to do the same configuration and setup easily.