IP address of a router is a default gate way in your network connection, you can access your router through web based setup and this access you to change settings through web such as User name and password including name of Wi-Fi network, this web based setup of your router enables to change settings as well as viewing information such as your router ID to access it, so IP address of your router is important because using router IP address you can access router web based setup page, where you can modify router settings.
Generally every router have two different IP addresses named as Local Area Network LAN and Wide Area Network WAN, we use Local Area Network as internal network and we use Wide Area Network WAN as connection and used for connection of optimum online, LAN is more secure and faster than wide area connection WAN, WANs typically require two or more of LANs to be connected over the public Internet or via a private connection established by a third-party telecommunications provider.
Find Router’s IP Address in Windows:
As you know that your router IP address is “Default Gateway” in your network connection, you can find router IP address in windows in two different methods one is using CMD and another one is sing system settings(Control panel >Network and internet > Ethernet),
Find Router’s IP Address with CMD in Windows:
You can easily and quickly find Default gateway address of router using Command Prompt by using command “ipconfig”in Command Prompt CMD.
- Find Router’s IP Address with Control Panel in Windows:
- Firstly make click on Start button and make a search for “control panel,” and then hit Enter or press WIN + R in keyboard and type “Control Panel” and press enter to open Control panel.
- Then click on “View network status and tasks” below or under “Network and Internet”
- Then click on Ethernet option in the upper right corner of the “Network and Sharing Center” window and in the “Ethernet Status” window click the “Details” button as shown in below picture.
After clicking of “Details” on “Ethernet Status” window you will see window containing your Default gateway address.
That’s it just follow above procedure to find routerIP address in windows, find router’s IP address using CMD in windows,find router’s IP address using control panel in windows.
Find Router IP Address in Mac OS X:
If you are using MAC OS X, you can find router IP address in straight forward, to do this click on Apple menu and then select ‘System Preferences’ and select “Network Icon” under system preferences, then click on advanced options under Network icon.
- First of all make a click on “Apple Menu” present at top of your screen.
- Then select “System Preferences” and the select “Network Icon” under “System Preferences” as shown in below picture.
- Then select name of your Wi-Fi router under “Network Icon” then click the “Advanced” button at the bottom of the screen.
- After Clicking “Advanced” select the “TCP/IP” tab. You’ll see your router’s IP address namedas “Router”.
That’s it just follow below procedure to find router IP address in MAC OS X.
Find Your Router’s IP Address on the iPhone and iPad:
To Find router IP address on iPhone & iPad 1st go through given path Settings > Wi-Fi> name of your Wi-Fi network, then You’ll see the router’s IP address listed as “Router”.That’s it just follow below procedure to find router IP address in MAC OS X.
Find Your Router’s IP Address in Android:
Android doesn’t provide a way to view IP address of your router, but many third party android apps will provide information about direct gateway of your router, so we use some apps to find routers IP address in android such as WI-FI analyzer and etc.,
If you have WI-FI analyzer application on your smart phone, just follow given below procedure to check wireless router IP address.
- First of all open “WI-FI Analyzer” application and tap on view “Menu” option.
- Then tap on “AP List” under menu option, then select name of your network connected to your computer.
- Then window will appear with more information about your network. You’ll find the router’s address listed as “Gateway”.
That’s it just follow above procedure to get wireless router IP address in android phone.
Find Router’s IP Address in Linux:
Most Linux desktops have a network icon in their notification area, so you can click this network icon and then select “Connection Information”, then IP address displayed next to “Default Route” or “Gateway” as shown in below picture.
That’s it just follow above procedure to get wireless router IP address in Linux or Ubuntu.
So these are the steps to find wireless router IP address and if you want to find your router IP address just follow above processes to find easily, following the steps and method you would able to find the routers IP addresses on Windows PC, IPad, iPhone as well as using the Mac OS X device.