Omron Router Setup: Omron is not just another Japanese company but it is a huge market leader in different sectors along with Electronics, Mechanical components, and healthcare products as well. Along with all the other products they developed, routers have become an integral part of their Electronic market as the sales have increased due to Internet development.
Fans and users who buy their wireless and wired routers are really happy and always leave raving reviews due to the highspeed performance their products offer. In this article, we will guide you through the process of configuring the Omron router so that you can do it yourself later on.
How to Configure & Setup Omron Router – Omron Router Setup Process
Omron router models might not seem like your everyday routers because this company uses a different interface unlike other modern router companies. But it does not mean that their interface is hard to use but for starters our
- The Internal IP address is 192.168.250, you have to enter this into the address bar of your browser
- Then click on the enter button or else press on the go button which will now load the login page
- On the login window, you can see that username and password are required to be entered
- For the Login enter admin and for the Password enter 1234 and then click on the login button
Then you will have the access to the Omron router admin panel to complete further configuration.
Omron Router Wireless Configuration Guide – Internal Settings
When it comes to the internal settings the most important thing is to enable the wireless settings which is easy to do but for the first time you can follow the instructions below to make sure the settings are done perfectly.
Wi-Fi/Basic Settings: From the left sidebar click on Wi-Fi and then click on Basic and on this page make the settings as per the instructions below.
- Enable Wireless: Select this option
- Enable Wireless Multicast Forwarding (WMF): Select this option
- SSID: Here you can enter a name for your router network
- Country: Select your country from the drop down options
- Max Clients: You can enter the number of maximum devices for your router network
- Then click on the Apply/Save button to make the changes
Wi-Fi/Advanced Settings: Click on Wi-Fi from the left sidebar and then click on Advanced and then change the options as shown below.
- Band: Select “2.4GHz”
- Channel: Select “Auto”
- 802.11n/EWC: Select “Auto”
- Bandwidth: Select “20MHz in 2.4G Band and 40MHz in 5G Band”
- 802.11n Rate: Select “Auto”
- 802.11n Protection: Select “Auto”
- Support 802.11n Client Only: Select “Off”
- RIFS Advertisement: Select “Auto”
- OBSS Coexistence: Select “Enable”
- RX Chain Power Save: Select “Disable”
- Multicast Rate: Select “Auto”
- Basic Rate: Select “Default”
- XPressTM Technology: Select “Disabled”
- Transmit Power: Select “100%”
- WMM(Wi-Fi Multimedia): Select “Enabled”
- WMM No Acknowledgment: Select “Disabled”
- WMM APSD: Select “Enabled” and then click on Apply/Save button
Wi-Fi/Security Settings: Click on Wi-Fi from the left sidebar again and then click on Security and make the changes as per the instructions below.
- Under WPS Setup, Enable WPS: Select “Enabled”
- Under Manual Setup AP, Select SSID: Select the SSID which you have setup during Wi-Fi/Basic settings
- Network Authentication: Select “WPA2-PSK”
- WPA/WPAI passphrase: Enter password for router network and then click on Apply/Save button to make the changes
Once you have followed the above guide then you can configure the Omron router easily.