Linksys Router Setup: We have seen a lot of Electronics brands which have started their router brands and excelled in the time. But Linksys is a brand which made its ground with the high performing and really robust routers that everyone in the market liked. Well, they are not just known for being used by home but these are also used by large scale industries, offices and large MNCs all across the world. They have hundreds of different router models which have been well crafted and well made over the period of years with constructive development, feature update and all these models have varied price ranges so that anyone can afford from homes to offices as well.
Today we are going to review the configuration process for one of the Linksys router, so that you will have an understanding on how to set it up yourself.
Configure Linksys Router & Setup Guide
Linksys Default IP Gateway: So first we will have to log into the admin panel of the router, then we can start the configuration readily.
- First you will have to type or enter the IP address 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of your browser.
- After that you will see that a login popup will appear where you will have to enter the username and the password, so enter admin for the username and 1234 for password, then click on the login button to continue.
- Wait for a bit of time and now you will have access to the admin panel of the Linksys router!
Linksys Routers Internal Configuration and Wireless Setup Process
We will now be making the necessary internal settings so that wireless connection and security can be enabled.
Basic Wireless Settings: Go to the Wireless section from the top menu options and under this you have to select the option “Basic Wireless Settings” and then click on it, and make the below said changes.
- Wireless: Select the “Enabled” option here
- Wireless Network Name(SSID): As the name suggests this will be your router’s wireless network name, which you can have as per your own preference.
- Wireless Channel: Here you have to select the option “6 – 2.442 GHZ” option from the drop-down menu
- Wireless SSID Broadcast: Select “Enabled” option here
Advanced Wireless Settings: Click on the Wireless option from the top menu and then select the “Advanced Wireless Settings” option and now make the changes as per below instructions.
- Basic Rate: Select the option “1-2 Mbps(default)”
- Control TX Rate: Select “1-2-5.5-11 Mbps(default)”
- Preamble Type: Select “Long Preamble(default)”
- Authentication Type: Select “Auto(Default)”
- Beacon Interval: Enter “100”
- DTM Interval: Enter “1”
- Fragmentation Threshold: Enter “2346”
- RTS Threshold: Enter “2346”
Wireless Security: Go to the Wireless option from the top menu and under this select the “Wireless Security” option, and make the below said changes.
- Wireless Security: Select “Disable” option
- Security Mode: Select “WPA Pre-Shared Key”
- WPA Algorithms: Select “TKIP”
- WPA Shared Key: Enter your password here
- Group Key Renewal: Enter “0”
What is the Default IP for Linksys Router netadmin Login?
The Linksys Router has designated 192.168.0.1 as their Wifi Linksys Router Default Login IP address for accessing the netadmin panel, and they have kept the default IP in their user guides and on the Linksys Router.
What is the Default Username for Linksys Router netadmin Login?
The default netadmin username may be created by the netadmin, and the Linksys Router netadmin Username is 'admin' for logging into the Linksys Router netadmin Panel.
What is the Default Password for Linksys Router netadmin Login?
The Linksys Router netadmin password is '1234 ' for entering into the Linksys Router netadmin Panel, and the default netadmin password can be changed by netadmin.
How do I change/Reset the netadmin username or password of Linksys Router device?
The only way to admin access to the web management system if the admin password is lost or forgotten is to reset the Linksys Router settings to factory defaults. To reset the password, the user must push and hold the reset button for at least 20 seconds.