Network Associates Router Setup: One of the main things that you don’t know about this company is that McAfee was previously called Network Associates. We all know McAfee as one of the world’s best Antivirus and computer networking solutions providers in the world. Due to a series of changes, the name of the company has been shifted from Network Associates to McAfee a couple of times in the past. Now the company is known as McAfee only and is well known all across the world as the leading IT Networking solutions and security provider which also includes their wide range portfolio of routers, switches, gates and different wireless routers that are really good to use.
How to Configure Network Associates Router – Network Associates Router setup process
Every other router company has their own IP address and at the same time have their own internal configuration process but before that the login process is shown below is quite simple to follow.
We will be using McAfee router login process, since the company names were changed back in 2004 and all the user interface of admin panel to the router look has been changed as per the McAfee company.
- Open your browser from laptop or computer connected to the router via the Ethernet port and then go to the IP address 192.168.0.1
- After that click on the go button or else click on enter button and this will load up the admin panel login page
- On the login page, username and the password will be asked. So, enter the username as admin and the password as mcafee
- After that simply click on the login button below the login details and this will right away give you access to the Network Associates router admin panel.
Network Associates Router Internal Configuration – Wireless Settings
As you have got the access to the router admin panel, simply head towards the homepage and follow the steps below to complete the setup process.
Wireless Basic: Go to Wireless option and then select Basic, under which below changes are to be made.
- Enable Wireless: Select this option
- Enable Auto Generation: Select this option
- Hide Access Point: Select this option
- Clients Isolation: Select this option
- Disable WMM Advertise: Do not select this option
- Enable Wireless Multicast Forwarding (WMF): Select this option
- SSID: Enter the name for your router network here
- Country: Select your country from the given drop down options
- Max Clients: Enter the number of max devices that you want to be using your connection at once
Wireless Security: Now go to the Wireless option again from the left sidebar and then click on Security and make the changes as per the instructions below.
- WPS: Select the router network name which you have setup above
- Enable WPS: Select “Enable” option
- WPS VersioN: Select “Version1.0” option
- Enable Build-In Registrar: Select “Enabled” option here
- Enter a pin and click on the save button to make the changes
After following the above steps you will now have successfully configured Network Associates router.