Maxdata Router Setup: Maxdata is an German information technology. They began their business by selling personal computers and the PC’s in the 90’s. And as the industry developed, they even started to build new gadgets and technologies that can be accompanied with the modern computers, smartphones and laptops as well. The most performing product that they created after the computers is the router brand which has excelled very much due to its high performing speed and different features that fans really liked. Ms2137 and 7000x has become one of the prominent router models built by this brand because they have been sold to many users and are liked by all.
How to Configure Maxdata Router – Maxdata Router Setup Guide
Every router Maxdata has created uses the same Web GUI interface for configuration, so it will be easier to learn the steps for setup and apply it to any of the router models as you like.
Router IP login Process: So before you are able to configure the router, you will have to login to the admin panel which is also called the web configuration panel.
- Step 1: Go to the address bar of the selected browser and then enter the IP address 192.168.1.1 or type the IP address and then click on the go or the enter button to continue
- Step 2: This will now popup the login window where you will be asked to input or enter the login credentials which are username and the password.
- Step 3: The username will be “admin” and the password is “1234”, make sure the details are correct and then click on the login button at the bottom to proceed to the further steps.
Maxdata Router Internal Configuration – How to setup Wireless settings
We now have access to the admin panel of the Maxdata router, and the next step is to make the wireless settings as shown in the instructions below.
Wireless Settings: Click on the “WiFi” option from the top menu section and this will load the “Wireless Settings” page where you have to make the changes as per the below instructions.
- Interface Status: Do not click on any button here and make sure the option is “Enable” always
- Network Name(SSID): As the name suggests this will be your router network name and you have to enter the name here as per your own preference. This can be a combination of alphabets, numbers and some special characters as well.
- Radio Channel: Do not select any option here
- Working Mode: Select “802.11b/g/n” option from the drop-down options menu
- Bandwidth(only 11n): Select “20M/40M” option from the drop-down options menu
- RTS Threshold: Enter “2347” number here
- CTS Protection Mode: Select “Auto” option from the drop-down options menu
- Preamble Length: Select “Short Preamble” option from the given set of options in the drop-down menu options
- SSID Broadcast: Select “Enable” option here
- Under Security, in Authentication select “WPA2-Personal” and then click on Apply button
- Next it will ask you to select the SSID which you have edited above and then enter the password as per your preference for the selected SSID.
Finally click on the Apply button and all the settings made will be saved.