Microplex Router Setup: Microplex is a well known company when it comes to the Printers and computer service products for the Office range industry. After their brief success with the office products, they also released different router models in the market which are quite popular in the foreign countries. This brand is known to be reliable and they produced products which have a wide range of features and mainly being cost effective brought them success. Before you continue onto the configuration steps, you will have to make sure that the router hardware configuration is properly done which means the wires and cables are attached in the required manner, so that while following the instructions below you will not find any errors.
How to Configure Microplex Router – Microplex Router setup guide
Microplex is probably a good router company but what makes it exceptional is the user interface for the web configuration panel and the admin panel, that you will have to access first to start this process.
- First open your laptop or computer then you have to open any preferred browser, and then in the address bar you will simply type or enter the router IP address which is 192.168.1.1
- Then, click on the go button besides the address bar or else click on the enter button from keyboard which will now load the login page
- On the login page, you will be asked to enter two login credentials, which is username and password.
- For both the login credentials, you have to enter root, then click on the login button and this will get you the access to the admin panel.
Microplex Router Wireless Configuration Guide – Internal Settings Process
Now let us get into the main steps here which is the wireless configuration for the routers, it is simple but you have to make sure to follow the steps below for correct setup.
Wireless Basic Settings: Click on the Wireless option from the top menu section and then under the sub menu section click on the Basic Setup option and you have to make the changes as per the instructions given below.
- Wireless Operation: Select “Enabled” option here
- Network Name (SSID): As the name suggests, you have to enter your router’s network name and this can be as per your preference. While the naming convention can be a combination of alphabets, numbers and special characters as well.
- Channel: Select “1” option here
- Mode: Select “11b only” option here
- Hide SSID: Select “Disabled” option here and then click on the save button
Wireless Security Settings: Go to the Wireless option from the top menu section by clicking on it, then click on the Security option in the sub menu section and make the changes as per the given details below.
- Wireless Security: Select “WPA” option here
- Authentication: Select “Personal (Pre-Shared Key)” option here
- WPA Type: Select “WPA” option here
- Data Encryption: Select “TKIP” option here
- WPA Shared Key: Enter your password and this can be a combination of both alphabets, numbers and special characters but it should be at least 8 characters long.
- WPA Group ReKey Interval: Enter “3600” number and click on the save button
Now after following the above instructions you will be easily able to configure the Microplex router in less than 5 minutes and make sure for an old routers, you reboot the routers and then try the above guide process.