Microplex Router Setup: Microplex is a well-known company when it comes to Printers and computer service products for the Office range industry. After their brief success with the office products, they also released different router models in the market which are quite popular in foreign countries. This brand is known to be reliable and they produced products which have a wide range of features and mainly being cost-effective brought them success. Before you continue onto the configuration steps, you will have to make sure that the router hardware configuration is properly done which means the wires and cables are attached in the required manner, so that while following the instructions below you will not find any errors.
How to Configure Microplex Routers – Setup guide
Microplex is probably a good router company but what makes it exceptional is the user interface for the web configuration panel and the admin panel, which you will have to access first to start this process.
- First, open your laptop or computer then you have to open any preferred browser, and then in the address bar you will simply type or enter the router IP address which is 192.168.1.1
- Then, click on the go button beside the address bar or else click on the enter button from the keyboard which will now load the login page
- On the login page, you will be asked to enter two login credentials, which are username and password.
- For both the login credentials, you have to enter root, then click on the login button and this will get you access to the admin panel.
Microplex Router Wireless Configuration Guide – Internal Settings Process
Now let us get into the main steps here which is the wireless configuration for the routers, it is simple but you have to make sure to follow the steps below for correct setup.
Wireless Basic Settings: Click on the Wireless option from the top menu section and then under the sub-menu section click on the Basic Setup option and you have to make the changes as per the instructions given below.
- Wireless Operation: Select the “Enabled” option here
- Network Name (SSID): As the name suggests, you have to enter your router’s network name and this can be as per your preference. While the naming convention can be a combination of alphabets, numbers, and special characters as well.
- Channel: Select the “1” option here
- Mode: Select the “11b only” option here
- Hide SSID: Select the “Disabled” option here and then click on the Save button
Wireless Security Settings: Go to the Wireless option from the top menu section by clicking on it, then click on the Security option in the sub menu section and make the changes as per the given details below.
- Wireless Security: Select the “WPA” option here
- Authentication: Select the “Personal (Pre-Shared Key)” option here
- WPA Type: Select “WPA” option here
- Data Encryption: Select the “TKIP” option here
- WPA Shared Key: Enter your password and this can be a combination of both alphabets, numbers, and special characters but it should be at least 8 characters long.
- WPA Group Rekey Interval: Enter the “3600” number and click on the Save button
Now after following the above instructions, you will be easily able to configure the Microplex router in less than 5 minutes and make sure for an old router, you reboot the routers and then try the above guide process.
What is the Default IP for Microplex Router Login?
The Microplex Router has defined their Wifi Microplex Router Default Login IP address 192.168.1.1 to login the admin panel, and they have maintained the default IP at their user manuals along with stick a label on the Microplex Router.
What is the Default Username for Microplex Router Login?
The default admin username may be created by the admin, and the Microplex Router Username is 'root' for logging into the Microplex Router Panel.
What is the Default Password for Microplex Router Login?
The default admin Password may be created by the admin, and the Microplex Router password is 'root' for logging into the Microplex Router Panel.
How do I change/Reset the admin username or password of Microplex Router device?
The only way to gain access to the web management system if the administrator password is lost or forgotten is to reset the Microplex Router settings to factory defaults. To reset the password, the user must push and hold the reset button for at least 20 seconds.