Mikrotik Router Setup: This is a Lavitain company which came outta nowhere but has become one of the world’s leading companies because of their wireless routers that have become the trend with the Internet on rise. The router products range from a lot of ones with just few ports to more than 5 – 8 ports as well, so that if you want to use the same for a commercial purpose or even for a home with a lot of ethernet cables, these routers work well for this. One of the key and exceptional features that this company is known for being the cost effective and at the same time, the router models are made robust as well. At the same time all the models come with effective bandwidth usage and moreover the speed performance is something which is really great to look at.
How to setup Mikrotik Router Configuration Guide
Mikrotik might not seem like a huge router company but they do have a good user interface for the web configuration panel and you can follow the below steps to first login and then set up the router.
- Step 1: Open your browser, then in the address bar enter the IP address 192.168.1.1 and then click go or enter button to continue
- Step 2: In the next step you will see that you are asked to enter the login and password details. So, login id is sayeed and password is Mikrotik.
- Step 3: Once is typed in you have to click on the login button on the side and this will give you access to the admin panel now.
Mikrotik Routers Wireless Configuration – Internal Settings
Well once you have the login access, then the only thing remaining is to configure the Mikrotik router from the start and this is important because you will have to set up accordingly to the below steps.
- Wireless Settings: Click on the Wireless option from the left sidebar and then make the changes as per the instructions below.
- Network Name: This is the router network name and this can be anything as per your own preference.
- Frequency: Select “2412” option
- Band: Select “2GHZ-B/G/N” option
- Country: You can select your country from the drop-down menu options and then on the right side of the page, click on the OK button first and then click on Apply button to make the changes
Security Settings: Click on the Settings option from the left sidebar and then click on the Security profile option and click on General from there to make the changes as per the settings below.
- Name: Enter your router’s network name here which is the SSID
- Mode: Select “dynamic keys” option here
- Authentication Types: Select “WPA2 PSK” option here
- WPA2 Pre-Shared Key: Enter your router password here and then click on the Ok button and then Apply button
Thanks for reading this guide and now you have successfully completed the Mikrotik router web configuration process which involves the wireless setup and password settings as well.