Netscreen Router Setup: One of the largest IT companies in the market with more than countable products in the Computer networking and technology industry made Netscreen popular all across the United States. This company is known for producing the finest router, WiFi routers, modems and products related to wireless communication. The router models which they made were great with good performance when it comes to the speed and the usage of bandwidth as well. In this article we will go through the steps to configure the Netscreen router and we will follow a router model process to complete the whole settings. Please note that all the router models are renamed to Juniper Netscreen, as the company was acquired by Juniper in the year 2004.
How to Configure Netscreen Router Setup process
Netscreen router models are simple and their interface to configure is much easier than other companies. But first you have to login to their admin panel and then follow the rest configuration process.
- Step 1: Type the IP address or copy/paste 192.168.1.1 into the address bar of any browser and then click on the enter or else on the go button
- Step 2: Now you will find the login window popup in the same tab and then in the username and the password boxes you have to enter admin and netscreen respectively
- Step 3: In the same window, you will find login button below these boxes and click on the login button which will load the web configuration panel for the Netscreen router
Netscreen Admin Wireless Configuration – Internal Settings
Wireless Settings: Click on Wireless and under this click on Wireless Settings and on this page make the changes as per below instructions.
- Wireless Status: Check “Enable” option
- SSID: Enter your router network name here and you can name this as per your own preference as well
- Radio Band: Select “802.11b+g+n” option
- Radio Mode: Select “Access Point” option
- MAC: Do not enter anything here
- SSID Broadcast: Select “Enable” option
- Channel Width: Select “20MHZ” option
- RegioN: Select your region or country from the drop-down available options
- Channel: Select “Channel 6” option and click on save button
Wireless Advanced Settings: Click on Wireless and then click on Advanced Wireless and on the page you have to make the settings as per the changes shown below.
- Authentication Type: Select “Auto” option
- Beacon Interval: Enter “100”
- RTS Threshold: Enter “2347”
- Aggregation: Select “AMPDU+AMSDU”
- Fragmentation Threshold: Enter “2346”
- Transmission Rate: Select “Auto”
- ShortGI: Select “Enable”
- Protection: Select “Enable”
- Preamble Type: Select “Long”
- WLAN Partition: Select “Disable”
- IAPP: Select “Enable”
- RF Output Power: Select “100%”
- WMM: Select “Enable” and then click on the save button
Wireless Security: Click on Wireless and then click on Wireless Security and in the page you have to change the settings as per changes suggested below.
- Authentication Type: Select “None” and then click on save button
- Then next page will load, where you have to enter the password and then click on save button
In this way you will be able to configure the Netscreen router easily by going over the above instructions.