Nortel Router Setup: Nortel is a Canadian computer networking technology company that has been there for more than 100 years now and is well known for being one of the best telecom and networking companies all over the world. With the rise of use in telecom equipment and the wireless industry, Nortel made sure all their products ranges were wireless and this from modems to routers, then wireless routers were brought into the lineup that made good sales with persistent performance factors that have been vividly saved by the fans and the critics all the time. In the same context, they also have ensured that their routers are well made for the price that a user pays and has been one of the most highly reviewed companies in the telecom sector in Canada.
How to configure Nortel Router Setup Process
Setup your router with the hardware configuration and then before we complete the internal setup, you need access to the configuration platform which you can get by following the below instructions.
- Step 1: Open a browser, go to the address bar of the browser and then enter the IP address 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 and click on the enter or the go button
- Step 2: Wait for a minute, since the login credentials page will now load up on the same windows where we have to enter the required details
- Step 3: After the page loads up, simply enter the required details which will be the username and the password. Here, the username is Admin and the password is nortel.
- Step 4: Enter the above said details and make sure those are accurate for your router models and then click on the login option at the bottom of the screen.
Nortel Router Wireless Settings & Configuration Guide – Step by Step Process
It is important to ensure that the settings and the configuration done for the first time are correctly made, so you will never have to change wireless settings on your router again. And that is why we have laid out the router configuration process below which you can follow.
Wireless Basic Settings:
- Basic: Select “2.4 GHz”
- Mode: Select “AP”
- SSID: Here you need to enter the name for the router network
- Channel Width: Select “40MHz”
- Control Sideband: Select “Upper”
- Channel Number: Select “Auto”
- Radio Power(mW): Select “60 mW”
- Associated Clients: You can click on “Show Active Clients” to take a look at all the active devices that are using the wireless network connection
- After making the changes, click on the Apply Changes button
Wireless Advanced Settings:
- Authentication Type: Select “Auto”
- Fragment Threshold: Enter “2346”
- RTS Threshold: Enter “2347”
- Beacon Interval: Enter “100”
- Data Rate: Select “Auto”
- Preamble Type: Select “Long Preamble”
- Broadcast SSID: Select “Enabled”
- Relay Blocking: Select “Disabled”
- Protection: Select “Disabled”
- Agregration: Select “Enabled”
- Short GI: Select “Enabled” and then click on Apply Changes button
Wireless Security Setup:
- SSID Type: Select “Root”
- Encryption: Select “WPA2 Mixed”
- WPA Authentication Mode: Select “Personal (Pre-Shared Key)”
- Pre-Shared Key Format: Select “Passphrase”
- Pre-Shared Key: Enter the password for the router network here
- And then simply click on the Apply changes button the one last time and all your changes will be updated.
In less than five minutes, you can simply configure the Nortel router by following the above guide.
What is the Default IP for Nortel Router Admin Login?
The Nortel Router has defined their Wifi Nortel Router Default Login IP address 192.168.1.1 to login the admin panel, and they have maintained the default IP at their user manuals along with stick a label on the Nortel Router.
What is the Default Username for Nortel Router Admin Login?
The default admin username may be created by the admin, and the Nortel Router Admin Username is 'admin' for logging into the Nortel Router Admin Panel.
What is the Default Password for Nortel Router Admin Login?
The default admin Password may be created by the admin, and the Nortel Router Admin password is 'nortel' for logging into the Nortel Router Admin Panel.
How do I change/Reset the admin username or password of Nortel Router device?
If the administrator password is lost or forgotten, the only method to get access to the web management system is to reset the Nortel Router configuration to factory defaults. Users can press and hold the reset button for at least 20 seconds to reset the password.