Openwave Router Admin Setup: Openwave is a well known video traffic management and 5G Internet management company which has been into routers for a long time now and is among the top companies in the United States. All their router models are known for being eloquent in design and the most important thing that is considered is that their performance is high at speed and even while using the bandwidth due to the dual gain high bandwidth frequencies used in the router.
One of the important things that you need to know is that Openwave has changed its name to Unwired Planet and most of the new products will be under the new name. So, if you have a router from Openwave or Unwired Planet then you can follow our below guide.
How to Configure Openwave Router – Openwave Router setup process
Every router has a different interface, along with a different IP address as well so as to make sure that their customers can log into their interface properly through the designated IP address and then can easily configure the router.
- First open a browser and then go to the IP address 192.168.1.1
- After that from the same window, the login details will need to be entered
- Username will be admin and then for password cacadmin, then click on login option
This will now you will give you access to the admin panel for the Openwave router
Openwave Router Internal Settings & Wireless Configuration Guide
Now after getting the access to the admin panel for this router model, the next step is quite simple which is to configure the router by following the instructions below which might seem new but these steps and settings are simple to follow.
Wireless Basic Setting: Use the below setting option in order to make the basic wireless settings for your router.
- Enable SSID Broadcast: Select this option
- Enable Wireless Isolation: Do not select this option
- Name (SSID): Here you will have to enter the name for your router network and this can be as per your own preference
- Mode: Select “802.11b/g/n” option
- Channel: Select “Auto” option
- Band Width: Select “Auto 20/40M”
- Under Security Options, Security Options: Select “WPA-PSK2” option
- Then password option will be shown, where you can enter a password for the router network and then click on Apply button
Advance Wireless Settings: Click on Wireless option from the top menu section and then from the left sidebar click on Wireless Advanced. On this page, you will have to make the settings as per the below instructions
- Enable Wireless: Select this option
- Fragment Threshold (256-2346): Enter “2346”
- RTS Threshold (1-2347): Enter “2347”
- Preamble Type: Select “Short Preamble” option
- Radio Power (Percent): Select “100%”
- HT20/40 Coexistence: Select “Disabled” option
- Under WPS Setup, PIN of the router: Enter a pin for your router here
- Enable WPS: Select this option
- Disable PIN: Do not select this option
- Keep current configuration: Select this option and then simply click on Apply option to save the settings
Finally you have configured the Openwave router by following the above instructions.
What is the Default IP for Openwave Router Admin Login?
The Openwave Router has defined their Wifi Router Default Login IP address 192.168.1.1 to login the admin panel, and they have maintained the default IP at their user manuals along with stick a label on the router.
What is the Default Username for Openwave Router Admin Login?
The default admin username may be created by the admin, and the Openwave Router Admin Username is 'cac_admin' for logging into the Openwave Router Admin Panel.
What is the Default Password for Openwave Router Admin Login?
The default admin Password may be created by admin, and the Openwave Router Admin password is 'cacadmin' for logging into the Openwave Router Admin Panel.