Osicom Router Setup: Osicom is a known company that is known for creating world-class remote-based products which include wireless routers, modems, and other remote products. Talking about their router is something important because all their models are made in such a way that their design is almost the same but eloquent design upgrades are added to all new models gradually. Next would be the performance aspect of the routers is considerably well as their speed in terms of usage of the effective bandwidth is high and that is a good reason why their products have good raving reviews. So, you might have bought one of their routers then you should be looking to understand how to set it up for the first time.
How to Configure Osicom Router – Osicom Router setup process
Osicom as we know is known for making similar types of routers with minor but amazing upgrades, so even their interface to login is the same which you can view from the below steps.
- Step 1: Open the browser and then go to the address bar, type the IP address 192.168.1.1 there and then you can click on the enter button from the keyboard or else press on go option to continue
- Step 2: Then in the login window, for the username enter admin, and for the password enter osicom1234 and click on the login button
Osicom Router Wireless Configuration Process – Internal Settings
Once you have access to the Osicom router’s web configuration panel then the only thing left is to complete the wireless configuration and we have instructed the steps below.
Basic Settings: Go to WAN, then click on Wireless, and under it click on the Basic option and on this page make the changes as shown below.
- Wireless: Select “Enable”
- SSID: Enter the router network name here and it can be a combination of both alphabets and numbers and should not exceed the maximum character limit of 64 characters
- SSID Broadcast: Select “Enabled”
Extended Range Mode: Select “Disable”
- Channel: Select “11” from the drop-down options and then click on Apply button
Security Settings: Click on Security option under the WAN and Wireless options from the left sidebar and then on this page you have to make the settings as per the instructions below.
- Security: Select “Enable”
- Authentication Type: Select “WEP”
- WEP: Select “Open System”
- WEP Key Format: Select “HEX”
- WEP Key Length: Select “64-bit”
- WEY Key 1: Enter the password here and then click on the Apply button
Advanced Settings: From the left sidebar click on WAN and then Wireless option and then click on the Advanced button to make the changes as per the below settings.
- Beacon Interval: Enter “100”
- RTS Threshold: Enter “2346”
- Fragmentation Threshold: Enter “2346”
- DTIM Interval: Enter “1”
- TX Rate: Select the “Auto” option
- Antenna Transmit Power: Select the “full” option from the drop-down menu and then click on Apply button
Restart: Click on System from the left sidebar and then click on Restart option and then click on the “Restart” button which will now restart your router.
Once you have completely followed the above instructions then you can easily configure the Osicom router.
What is the Default IP for Osicom Router Login?
The Osicom Router has defined their Wifi Osicom Router Default Login IP address 192.168.1.1 to login the admin panel, and they have maintained the default IP at their user manuals along with stick a label on the Osicom Router.
What is the Default Username for Osicom Router Login?
The default admin username may be created by the admin, and the Osicom Router Username is 'admin' for logging into the Osicom Router Panel.
What is the Default Password for Osicom Router Login?
The default admin Password may be created by the admin, and the Osicom Router password is 'osicom1234' for logging into the Osicom Router Panel.
How do I change/Reset the admin username or password of Osicom Router device?
If the administrator password is lost or forgotten, the only method to get access to the web management system is to reset the Osicom Router configuration to factory defaults. Users can press and hold the reset button for at least 20 seconds to reset the password.