McData Router Setup:McData as the name suggest is a pioneer in Data security and ecteronic devices that excel in storing data. They first ventured out as the data security provider and information technology service providers for Big IT firms all across the world. Later they slowly tuned their way into the consumer product industry with release of wide range of ecteronic devices related to data and security. And finally, they released the set of routers which built a baseline for their upcoming products that become quite famous over the time basically due their effective price range and the speed that the routers provided even after a long use of them over the time.
How to Configure McData Router Step by Step – McData Router Setup Process
McData is a huge brand and they have a finely simple configuration process for people who want to setup the router themselves. But here are the steps to do the same so that you can configure the router without any problem.
- Step 1: Open your laptop or computer which is connected to the router via the Ethernet cable. And then open any browser and in the address bar of the selected browser type or enter the IP 192.168.1.2
- Step 2: Once the Internal IP address entered, then click on the go or else the enter button which will now load and give you access to the McData admin login page where the login information should be filled.
- Step 3: In this step, you will have to enter the username and the password which are admin and 1234 respectively into the given boxes. Then go the login button at the bottom and click on it which will now load up the admin panel for the further configuration process.
Router Internal Settings
How to Enable Wireless connection on McData Router: The initial process to have the access to the McData admin panel is done but the further step requires us to completely configure the router by following the steps below.
Interface Setup -Wireless Setup: When you open the admin panel after the login page, you have to navigate to the Interface Setup by clicking on this from the top menu section. And after that click on the “Wireless” option and on this page, you will have to make the changes as per the instructions below.
- Access Point: Select “Activated” option here
- Channel: Select your country here and for number besides it select “10”
- Transmit Power: Select “High” option
- Beacon Interval(ms): Enter “100” here
- RTS/CTS Threshold: Enter “2347” here
- Fragmentation Threshold: Enter “2346” here
- DTM (ms): Enter “1” here
- 802.11b/g: Select “802.11b+g” option
- SSID Index: Select “1” option from the drop-down menu options
- Broadcast SSID: Select “Yes” option here
- SSID: Enter your router network name here and this can be as per your own preference.
- Authentication Type: Select “Disabled” option here
- WDS Mode: Select “Off” option here
- Under Wireless MAC address Filter, select “Deactivated” option here and click on the save button.
Advanced Setup – Firewall Setup: Now go to the Advanced Setup option from the top menu and then click on the Firewall option to make the changes as shown below.
- Firewall: Select “Enabled” option here
- SPI: Select “Disabled” option here and then click on the save button which will make the changes.