McData Router Setup: McData as the name suggest is a pioneer in Data security and ecteronic devices that excel in storing data. They first ventured out as the data security provider and information technology service providers for Big IT firms all across the world. Later they slowly tuned their way into the consumer product industry with the release of a wide range of ecteronic devices related to data and security. And finally, they released the set of routers that built a baseline for their upcoming products that become quite famous over time basically due to their effective price range and the speed that the routers provided even after long use of them over the time.
How to Configure McData Router Step by Step – McData Router Setup Process
McData is a huge brand and they have a finely simple configuration process for people who want to set up the router themselves. But here are the steps to do the same so that you can configure the router without any problem.
- Step 1: Open your laptop or computer which is connected to the router via the Ethernet cable. And then open any browser and in the address bar of the selected browser type or enter the IP 192.168.1.2
- Step 2: Once the Internal IP address entered, then click on the go, or else the enter button will now load and give you access to the McData admin login page where the login information should be filled.
- Step 3: In this step, you will have to enter the username and the password which are admin and 1234 respectively into the given boxes. Then go to the login button at the bottom and click on it which will now load up the admin panel for the further configuration process.
Router Internal Settings
How to Enable Wireless connection on McData Router: The initial process to have the access to the McData admin panel is done but the further step requires us to completely configure the router by following the steps below.
Interface Setup -Wireless Setup: When you open the admin panel after the login page, you have to navigate to the Interface Setup by clicking on this from the top menu section. And after that click on the “Wireless” option and on this page, you will have to make the changes as per the instructions below.
- Access Point: Select the “Activated” option here
- Channel: Select your country here and for the number beside it select “10”
- Transmit Power: Select the “High” option
- Beacon Interval(ms): Enter “100” here
- RTS/CTS Threshold: Enter “2347” here
- Fragmentation Threshold: Enter “2346” here
- DTM (ms): Enter “1” here
- 802.11b/g: Select “802.11b+g” option
- SSID Index: Select the “1” option from the drop-down menu options
- Broadcast SSID: Select the “Yes” option here
- SSID: Enter your router network name here and this can be as per your own preference.
- Authentication Type: Select the “Disabled” option here
- WDS Mode: Select the “Off” option here
- Under Wireless MAC address Filter, select the “Deactivated” option here and click on the Save button.
Advanced Setup – Firewall Setup: Now go to the Advanced Setup option from the top menu and then click on the Firewall option to make the changes as shown below.
- Firewall: Select the “Enabled” option here
- SPI: Select the “Disabled” option here and then click on the Save button which will make the changes.
What is the Default IP for McData Router Admin Login?
The McData Router has designated 192.168.1.2 as their Wifi McData Router Default Login IP address for accessing the admin panel, and they have kept the default IP in their user guides and on the McData Router.
What is the Default Username for McData Router Admin Login?
The McData Router Admin Username is 'admin' for entering into the McData Router Admin Panel, and the default admin username can be changed by the admin.
What is the Default Password for McData Router Admin Login?
The McData Router Admin password is '1234' for entering into the McData Router Admin Panel, and the default admin password can be changed by the admin.
How do I configuration of McData Router device?
If the administrator password is lost or forgotten, the only method to get access to the web management system is to reset the McData Router configuration to factory defaults. Users can press and hold the reset button for at least 20 seconds to reset the password.